Zevia Orange Pumpkin PIe
Get in the Halloween spirit with these deliciously adorable treats!
Yields: 5 5-inch pies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease your tart pans.
- Combine the pie crust ingredients in a food processor until dough starts to form.
- Split the dough up between in the tart pans and press it down with your palm and use a drinking glass to push it up the sides. Poke holes in the bottom with a fork before baking.
- Place the pie pans on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until the pie crust gets darker.
- Let the pie crusts to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, before transferring to a baking rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together the pie filling ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight to let flavors combine even more.
- Pour the mixture into each tin near the top and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 425°F. Turn the oven down to 350°F and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Let the pies set on a cooling rack for about 2 hours.
- To make the decorations, melt the baking chips over a double broiler, then let cool to room temperature. Pour mixture into a piping bag (you can also use a zip top bag with a corner cut). Make the pumpkin faces, stems, and other decorations onto wax paper with the melted chocolate. It’s easier to draw designs on computer paper first, then trace over them.
- Wait until the pies and chocolate are set to decorate. Melt the leftover chocolate. Slightly draw curved lines on the pies with a toothpick and pipe curved lines onto each pie.
- To make the whipped cream, whip together the Zevia Orange soda and heavy cream in a chilled mixing bowl. Beat on high until soft peaks form. Add a spoonful to the jack-o-lantern pies, sprinkle with cinnamon, and enjoy!
Cacao Pie Crust
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 large egg
Orange Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 3 beaten large eggs
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Zevia Orange Soda
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp liquid stevia (equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1/2 cup Lily’s Sweets dark chocolate baking chips
Orange Whipped Cream
- 1/4 cup cold Zevia Orange Soda
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- a pinch of ground cinnamon
- 3-4 drops liquid stevia (optional)