Zevia Black Cherry Vanilla Cobbler
This gluten-free dessert by Luxe and the Lady - with zero added sugar and made with Zevia Black Cherry Soda - will definitely turn heads!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the filling ingredients adding the stevia to taste, setting aside 2 tbsp of the Zevia Black Cherry Soda for the cookie dough. Pour the cherry mixture into your baking dish and place in the freezer until you are ready to bake.
- Using the same mixing bowl (cleaned), combine all of the cookie ingredients using clean hands. If you can’t find a stevia based powdered sugar replacement, you can make your own by combining 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch with 1/2 cup stevia in a food processor (then just measure out the amount you need and store the rest in a sealed container). Continue to mix until dough forms. *You do not want the butter to be melted because in this recipe it acts as the binder for the dough.
- Divide the dough into two even sections. If you would like to color any of the dough you can add a little beet or spirulina powder at this point. Next, roll each section of dough about 1/4 in thick in between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours (this allows the dough to become firmer before cutting the shapes so that they don’t crumble apart).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Using cookie cutters, cut the shapes you want to decorate your cobbler with out of the chilled dough. Bake the smaller cookies for 5 -7 minutes on a parchment lined baking sheet, and the larger for 10-15 minutes (you can also layer the smaller cookies on top of the larger cookies for more depth). Allow the cookies to cool for at least ten minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To decorate the cookies, melt the dark chocolate chips and use it to pipe eyes, whiskers and little mouths (just cut a tiny corner off of a zip top bag for this). The tails were made using a small flower cookie cutter and the natural marshmallow (if you cut it in half the marshmallow will stick to the cookie).
- Raise the temp on the oven to 375° Bake the cobbler for 40-50 min or until the fruit is bubbling.
- Right before you are ready to serve the cobbler add your cookies (the cookies will absorb some of the juice from the cherries and Zevia but that just makes them even tastier.) Enjoy!
- 5-6 cups frozen cherry blend (dark sweet and tart cherries)
- 1 can of Zevia Black Cherry Soda (set aside 2 tbsp for topping)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1/2-1 tbsp stevia
Shortbread Cookie TOpping
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter (room temp)
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 4 tbsp stevia powdered sugar substitute (instructions below)
- 2 tbsp Zevia Black Cherry Soda
- beet and spirulina powder for coloring (optional)
- 3-5 large natural marshmallows
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips