- Preheat oven 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray liners with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flax seed and water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flower, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, almond milk, stevia, Zevia Orange soda, orange juice, orange zest, and flax seed mixture. Add to the flour mixture and stir until batter starts to form.
- Add in chocolate chips and fold until incorporated and no flour streaks remain.
- Fill the cups of the muffin tin about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until toothpick test comes out clean. Let cool 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 tbsp water
Vegan Chocolate Orange Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- stevia equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Zevia Orange soda
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 3/4 cup stevia sweetened chocolate chips