Citrus Pecan Cookie Bars
Dessert is awesome, but sugar free dessert is even better. With Zevia Orange soda, you can enjoy some delicious, but healthy Citrus Pecan Cookie Bars from our friend My Diary of Us.
Yields: 18 servings
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter and stevia until creamy. Add and combine the vanilla and maple extracts, egg, and Zevia Orange soda and beat until smooth.
- Combine the flours, salt, baking soda, and orange zest.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in pecans.
- Spread mixture into 1/8" layer onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Add a layer of wax paper on top and use a roller to even it out. Remove the wax paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Let cool completely before slicing into squares. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 egg (can sub flax egg)
- stevia equivalent to 1 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 7 tbsp Zevia Orange soda
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup chopped pecans